This warranty is not intended to purport, restrict, modify or exclude any Governing Law or Trade Practices of the state or country where the product is sold. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The periods of warranty and terms of cover are listed below.
|Toilet Suites||10 year product replacement on vitreous china cisterns and pans
3 year replacement products or parts on Inlet & Outlet Valves
3 year replacement products or parts Odour Control Device
1 year replacement product or parts on toilet seats & power adaptors
|Concealed Cistern||3 year parts replacement 1 year labour|
This warranty will be void if:
- Installation has not been carried out by a licenced plumber in accordance with the product instruction manual and in accordance with AS3500
- The product has been misused, neglected, accidentally damaged or modified in any way.
- The product has been used in an unsuitable environment or purpose other than its described and intended use.
To make a claim under this warranty you must contact Expella by telephone or email with details of the product fault. You will need to produce proof of purchase and where the goods have been installed. In addition, you will need to produce details of the licensed plumber who installed the goods.
Claims against visual defects of product surfaces may be rejected if:
- Variance is within +/- 5mm on any surface (Permitted within AS1976 – Vitreous China used in Sanitary Applications.
- There is evidence a harsh cleaning product has been used
Odour Control Performance
The Expella Odour Control has been tested by UNSW Atmospheric and Emissions as being up to 99.7% effective at an exhaust flow rate of 3.5 Litres per second. Certain site conditions may affect performance from time to time (such as higher backpressure in the sewer which could vary at different times of each day). Expella can however guarantee minimum performance of 3.0 L/s from the toilet bowl providing correct installation.
To the extent permitted under the Australian Consumer Law, and other relevant legislation, Expella’s liability is limited in the following circumstances:
- It is the responsibility of you and installer before installation to ensure the goods are correct and free of obvious visible faults.
- Expella is not responsible for any lack of operation or performance of goods (or any loss or damage) where the goods have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident or are used or adapted for a purpose for which they were not designed.
- Expella is not responsible for the labour and rectification costs incurred in the above circumstance.